Date: September 5, 2017
Title: What Does Your Employer Want? Aligning the Boss's Expectations with the Realities of Fundraising
Presenter: Nancy Racette
Domains: Fundraising Expectations
FREE for APGA Members with special code! (Need the code? Contact APGA at 610.708.3010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Approved for CFRE Continuing Education Credits!
To register, click here to visit the AFP website.
Can't make it? APGA members can access past AFP webinars for FREE at anytime. Click here to select your webinar and enter the discount code during checkout.
The hot topic for the last few years has been a "culture of philanthropy"and how organizations must have a culture of philanthropy to be sustainable but most don't have it. Rather than reaching for the stars, how about we start with expectations. CEOs, Executive Directors, Boards of Directors, all have ideas of what the Development Department and/or fundraiser is supposed to be doing. Do you know what they want? Is it even realistic? Does change need to happen? Join us for a look at what some top leaders had to say and learn how it impacts you, your career and your organization. The session will end with a discussion on how to educate employers on the role fundraising should play in their organization, how to manage expectations, and how to communicate to employers what it is that fundraisers need to carry out their jobs effectively.
At the end of the session participants will:
- Understand what nonprofit leaders and decision-makers think about the fundraising profession and the role of development departments in their organizations.
- Learning the key skills and attributes decision-makers are looking for when making hiring decisions and what they want fundraisers to accomplish once they are hired.
- Discovering what nonprofit CEOs think about fundraiser turnover and what they are doing to address it in their organizations.
- Learning how to educate nonprofit employers so that their expectations align with the realities of the fundraising profession.
- Learning how to market fundraising within the organization